Your Entire Riser Program, Handled
Deepwater Riser Services provides comprehensive inspection, transportation, maintenance, repair, and storage services for marine drilling risers and equipment and has plans to expand its service capabilities even further.
In 2008, Chet Morrison Contractors, LLC (Morrison) expanded its service lines to include riser repair and storage services. Since then, the company has dedicated a variety of resources to growing the Deepwater Riser Services division, including investing in the development of an industry-leading quality control program.
What sets us apart
- Sustainability & Dependability
- Quality Program
- One-Stop, Turn-Key, Full-Service Program
- Optimal location for safe harboring of risers or equipment
- Design-build or expansion opportunities
- Decrease in administrative burden
- Access to additional resources
Our Partnership Approach
We pride ourselves on our commitment to our clients and work to create a relationship based on dedication and reliability. We know that no business is exactly the same, so we want to make sure we give each of our clients an experience tailored to their specific needs. Let us know what you need and our specialists will work with you to deliver.
- Monthly Inventory Reporting & Control – Our purpose built inventory system tracks stored riser assemblies and components, both client owned along with the sales stock we have on hand, offering a quick reference to fulfilling the rig’s need when it comes to riser. Risers are segregated and tracked by owner, rig, design, and depth rating coupled with certification/recertification, preventative maintenance, and repair status so that our clients know exactly what they have on hand, ready to go, when the need arises
- Product discrepancy process – By strategically selecting stringent Quality Management System requirements for remanufacturing and day to day business practices, we are able to consistently offer best in class solutions to our clients. From the detailed way we store risers, to the checks and balances put in place to validate work has been completed right the first time, our API Q1 and ISO 9001:2015 compliant management system serves both our clients and our employees. These processes are thoroughly vetted and assessed annually by the American Petroleum Institute Quality Registrar (APIQR). We choose to be audited by API because we believe they hold us to the highest standards available. In turn, this certification denotes our mission to provide the highest standards in riser inspection and repair services in the industry.
- Full management for preventative maintenance and secure storage – After assessment from the American Petroleum Institute Quality Registrar (APIQR), Deepwater Riser Services is recognized to be in compliance with ISO 9001:2008 and API Specification Q1 9th edition. This certification denotes our mission to provide the highest standards in our inspection and repair services in the industry.
Deepwater Riser Services, a division of Morrison, strives to provide our customers with products that meet or exceed their requirements, the requirements of recognized standards, and to continually improve the effectiveness of our quality management system.
We accomplish this by following our procedures and establishing objectives that recognize customer satisfaction as the primary goal.