Keep your equipment performance-ready.
As riser experts, we know what it takes to maintain the most expensive part of your rig. Preventative maintenance should be performed on a regular basis to protect and extend the life of the riser. When risers are in storage, they can sometimes be neglected when maintenance is deferred. This lapse can cause delays when work levels increase and the risers need to get back to work. A properly maintained riser can prevent significant damage throughout the duration of the entire drilling system.
Our riser maintenance services deliver maintenance in a timely, cost-effective manner all while minimizing downtime. Our agile maintenance programs are efficiently managed from transportation to delivery.
- Preventative Maintenance
- Condition Based Maintenance (CBM)
- Between Well Maintenance
- Annual Maintenance
Repairs should be addressed as soon as an issue is detected in order to minimize costly system maintenance to your drilling system. Deepwater Riser Services can handle your complete riser repair needs including welding, hydro testing, and floatation module repairs, as well as blasting, painting and Thermal Spray Aluminum (TSA) application. A good inventory of repair parts are readily available for maintenance when needed for quick-turn projects.
- Full Riser Overhaul, Repair, and Reconditioning – Over time the boxes and pins at the end of a riser can become damaged and tend to fail inspection. All of our weld procedures are approved by the OEM’s.
- Hydro-testing – Every time we make a weld, or when the sealing capability of riser connections may be in question, the integrity of that component is verified by using an advanced hydrostatic pressure test method. With the ability to test up to 30,000 psi, our facilities include space with test bunkers to support our high-pressure testing.
- Floatation Module Repair – As an authorized Trelleborg and Matrix repair facility, all repairs are performed inside our state-of-the-art workshops. Because of the volume of risers we service, our floatation module repairs are performed quickly and efficiently.
- Preservation – Surface preparation is the most critical part of the process and can be done with high pressure water or waterless cleaning (Mudbug). We can use any product and application required by client or OEM for the interior or exterior of the riser.
- Blasting – Conventional blasting silica free, dustless (vapor blast), power tooling, and water blasting are just a few types of blasting we can perform
- Painting – Following any OEM, client and/or paint manufacturer specifications, we also can accommodate conventional and airless applications.
- Thermal Spray Aluminum (TSA) – TSA is an alternative option to conventional barrier coatings such as paint. It is impact resistant, corrosion resistant and provides long-term durability over time, decreasing maintenance costs.
- In-house Repair Parts & Inventory – Take advantage of our large inventory of GE Riser parts and benefit from quicker turnarounds. We typically stock common parts in order to expedite the inspection or repair process and avoid long lead times.
- High-Pressure Wash – Whether removing rust or drilling mud from the interior of a pipe, you can count on our 20,000 psi water blaster to remove any debris. The blasting process is critical to properly prepping the riser for preservation.
- Waterless Cleaning – The MUDBUG is a proprietary tool used for cleaning that eliminates the problem of water disposal as well as the safety risks associated with high-pressure washing. It’s cost-effective, safe, and great for the environment.